If you’re new to wine tasting, it can seem a bit daunting.
It really is not that difficult or complicated: no one person knows it all and you keep learning even after a lifetime tasting wine.
Follow these simple guidelines to help you on your wine tasting journey:
- Let the staff guide you - they have the knowledge and will suggest in which order your choice of wines should be tasted.
- Ask questions about the wines and the region - we would love to let you in on our favourites
- Practice our spitting technique - spittoons are provided at most wineries
- Use the water supplied to rinse your glass or clean your palate
- If you do not plan to buy wine, be sure to make notes of the wines you like. This will enable you to buy them once you get back home
- Most importantly, relax and enjoy the experience
- Know what an alcohol unit is and how many units are in your drink
- Pace yourself, drink plenty of water or soft drinks in between
- Be careful of topping up drinks
- Keep track of your wine consumption
- Don’t drink on an empty stomach
- Don’t drink and drive
- Choose a designated driver
- Use the spittoons
REMEMBER: FRIENDS DON’T LET FRIENDS DRIVE DRUNK!
TAKE THE LEAD: TASTE RESPONSIBLY.