INDUSTRIES: Agriculture - wine grapes, fruit farming.
The beautiful town of Montagu boasts an experience to satisfy all the senses, and great weather! We are not only famous for our Muscadel and Dried Fruit but health and wellness opportunities, adventure sports, agri-tourism and to top it all a friendly and vibey town with great restaurants and accommodation to suit everybody, from 4 star to budget, farm-stays and camping.
On the other side of the wall lies the little town of Ashton, home of fruit canning and the colourful township of Zolani, a part of the Arts & Crafts Route.
- Giant Chess Board @ Ashton Kelder
- Steam Locomotive @ Platform 62
- Day out at Avalon Hot Springs (supertube, mini golf, adventure lake etc)
- Hands-on-Farming with Farmer Redbeard
- Montagu Market, every Saturday 09h00-13h00 (opposite Info-office)
- Cadillac Trips to Wine Farms from Montagu Country Hotel
- Montagu Tractor Trips @ Protea Farm
- Cycling Montagu - Bicycle Hire
- Wellness Centre @ Montagu Country Hotel
- Hiking Trails
- Leiwater Dam - Bird watching
- Rock Climbing
- Kloofing & Abseiling
- Montagu Arts & Crafts Route
- Dine at the Award Winning - Mimosa Lodge
For more... Great Things to Do
Tel: 023 614 2728
Open: Monday - Friday: 08h30 - 17h00; Saturday: 09h00 - 17h00; Sunday: 09h30 - 17h00
GPS: S33° 47’ 26” E20° 07’ 0.67”